Thursday, September 4, 2008

My embarrassing moment

I usually like to add a picture each time I post. Maybe because I feel like they are more interesting than what I write. But you will all probably be thankful I didn't add one after you read this....



Being a CNA for about 6 years, and a mother, poop has never really bothered me, until today....



Today has not been a good day for Tyler... When I walked in his room this morning to get him out of bed,his room smelled awful. I decided I better change his diaper, well I didn't just change his diaper, but his outfit and entire bed. What a mess. I figured he had just eaten something that upset his stomach. About an hour later it happened again. 2 baths in one day! Well he wasn't acting sick or grumpy and seemed better so I went about my day. Thankfully no more accidents.



About 9:15 or so Donny and I left my parents to go home but I needed to run to the store first. We stopped at Macey's in Provo to grab a few things. We were headed down the baking aisle when I smelled something. I looked at Donny and said "We better hurry before we have another explosion." and I took off down the aisle. Not even a second later Donny starts saying " OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!" Well you guessed it. Diarrhea EVERYWHERE. Oh my gosh it was so aweful. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a handful of paper towels, but that wasn't enough. We asked a couple workers if they could help us and they were so nice but I felt so bad. Then I had to go to the bathroom to change Tyler while he's SCREAMING his head off. And last of all I had to expalin to the cashier what happened and why I was walking around with a plastic bag wrapped around my sons bottom(just incase it happened again) I asked the cashier to please find someone to take the cart to be sanatized, because it was discusting. Well she just gave me this look like "Are you serious?" well yes I was very serious. She then turned to the bagger and asked him if he would help me. I then had to explain what had happened all over again. He was very very nice and understanding, thankfully or I might have broke down in tears. We planned to make a short trip to the store and we didn't get out of there til 11 o'clock. Now we are up drinking pedialite all night. Luckily we made it out of the store alive and we will call the doctor in the morning.



I hope you all had a better day than me! Oh, but I still love being a mom!

3 comments:

Erin said...

what a funny/stressful story. I'm so sorry that happened but just know that you are not alone. Both of my kids have had MAJOR blow outs in grocery stores and my sisters little boy had a blow out all over the cart and on two loafs of bread. My sister was so embarrassed she just left the cart in the middle of the isle and took her kids home. She had three little boys with her and there was no way she could get it all cleaned up by herself while chasing around her two other boys so she just left the store.

The joys of parenthood.

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Oh the joys of motherhood!

Julie said...

Megan,
That is a hilarious story. I can say that because I'm a mom. I know what it's like to deal with the poop issue. It's not fun in the moment, but I hope you can laugh at this now.

Love, Julie