Wednesday, September 24, 2008

baby shower

My mom, sister, and I threw a baby shower for my two cousins. Felicia and Cherese. This is Felicia's first and its a girl. I am so excited for her. Then Cherese is having her 3rd but first boy! Yipee. We love boys! Anyway, I was incharge of the treat and I completly forgot to take pictures of my treats. I made fruit flowers, but not with out the help of my wonderful sister-in-law Amanda. I also made flower cupcakes that looked like a bouqet of roses. So just imagine, they were beautiful. Here is the only picture of the food I made......frosting.







I did get pictures of the gifts I made them. I made them both a diaper cake. Well Amanda helped wrap that diapers, which was the hardest part. Really they were pretty simple and fun to make. They had 2 cans of formula in the centers. Here they are....





Congrats! Felicia and Cherese, I can't wait to see your new babies.

8 comments:

Melissa and Rob Shelton said...

That is a really cute cake idea. I get Kyler's pictures done at JC Penney in the Provo Mall. I get coupons for them all of the time in the mail so I thought I would try them and I really like them and also Kiddie Kandids but they are a little more expensive.

Lilit said...

okay Megan seriously, how did you learn to make those beautiful things??? I mean the cakes you made for the baby shower and the cakes for your lil' fellow

Lorina said...

Cute!! I once made a diaper cake.. oy... not such a fun time for me..

You did a great job on those!

Kellie said...

That is such a cute idea! Ha ha you won't mind if I steal that idea would ya? So adorable!

Chelsey said...

Those turned out really cute. I don't like the name diaper cake thought, I picture a cake in the shape of a diaper everytime, even thought I have seen how cute they are. I think I will call then fancy diaper towers :)

Lorina said...

Yes I can! But I will have to wait until my MIL gets back so I can use her surger. They are way easy.. or at least seem to be.. I personally haven't made one.. but I am sure I could.

We need to get together!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, this is Heston's wife Brandi!
So we were looking at your blog and I have two baby showers coming up and I want to make diaper cakes but I have no idea how. I have only seen them once before. Megan, your are ADORABLE!!! Can you tell me how to make them???
THANKS!!!!!!! :-))

Jobi Niu said...

YOu are so creative! What a cute picture of Tyler...