Monday, April 4, 2011

A beautiful spring weekend!

I had one of the best weekends in a long time. We didn't do anything to adventurous, but maybe that is what I liked about it. It was fun to spend a weekend at home with my little family. I love them so much.
Saturday we worked out in our yard. My handy husband was able to fix our lawn mower. It has had a few challenges. We still need some replacement parts but he was able to get it running long enough to mow down some of our weeds that we call grass. Meanwhile, Tyler helped me finish building my garden box. I am going to attempt square-foot gardening this year. I hope I don't have a black thumb. (I'll post pictures of the garden later) We also decorated the house for Easter/Spring.
Tyler asked me about 30 times on Saturday: "Is it Easter Day yet?" No matter how many times I told him it wasn't going to be for a long time, he kept asking. So to make the next 4 weeks not seem so long we made a countdown chain. Lets hope it satisfies him.
My little bunny!
I love this spring decor. My friend Chelsey actually made it, when she decided to get rid of it, I decided I'd like to inherit it. I love it!
Here is a picture of Tyler with one of his favorite foods. I wish olives still fit on my fingers.
Of course, we also watched General Conference on both Saturday and Sunday. I am thankful that we have the BYU channel on our basic cable package which made things so much easier. I enjoyed hearing from our prophet and all the other general authorities. My friend judged her favorite talk on the one that made her cry the most. If I was to do that, it would definitely be the talk given by Elder Richard G. Scott. What a wonderful talk. He talked about his wife and children that have already passed on. I loved how he talked about his relationship with his sweet wife. It makes me want to try harder to show Donny how much I love him. I am grateful to be sealed to my husband and children. I am so grateful for the knowledge of being an eternal family. I love my boys so much.
Tyler did very well during conference. I printed off some cute activities I found online. It helped keep him interested. I love that he can recognize President Monson and got so excited each time it showed him.
Here is a chain of the first presidency and the 12 apostles.
On this page he was supposed to draw a picture of himself. My mom says it looks like Charlie Brown. Donny thinks it looks like a Character from the night before Christmas. Either way, I think it is great!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.

3 comments:

Taber & Rebecca said...

Just caught myself up on your life in Georgia! I'm glad you are doing so well! And before you know it, that you'll be adding another baby to the mix! I can't wait to see pictures of him!!! Your house is BEAUTIFUL! And I'll be honest, I want to see a belly picture!

Rob and Emmalee said...

Oh we miss you guys! Tyler eye looks like a fried egg! lol!

Chelsey said...

we did that same conference packet. I never thought all those great men would make such cute paper dolls. That SPRING sign looks cute. I want it back. I'm kidding. You guys are great! I miss you. I was thinking about calling you but you would want to kick me cause I'm sure you are in bed.