Thursday, September 3, 2009

Patricia Stoker Steiner

This is my sweet grandma! She passed away last Saturday afternoon with my grandpa by her side. My grandma was so wonderful, crazy, full of life, stubborn, spiritual, and loving depending on the day. I loved her so much! I know that she is happy and in a more comfortable place, with her 2 children that passed on before her. She struggled with Alzheimers the last part of her life and we are all glad to know she is better now. My grandma always wanted to babysit her great grandbabies, but with the alzheimers we were never able to leave them in her care. I like to think that she is watching over our future babies. I know she will do a good job. I am going to miss seeing her at family parties, i'll miss her sense of humor, and most especially her hugs. She was a great example to me and I have so many fond memories of her! The hardest part is not being able to go to her funeral, but I know she will forgive me. God bless you Grandma, until we meet again. I love you!

6 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Awww.. sad MEgan! That's sweet that your Grandpa was by her side.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma.

Chelsey said...

Megan, I almost cried reading this. I'm sorry you can't make it for the funeral. This was a lovely tribute to her.

Kim and Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim and Adam said...

I am sorry. Your Grandma was such a sweet lady:) Her funeral was beautiful.

Marci Ann said...

That is too bad about your aunt, Megan. I know she understands. We can't always do what we want to do. It is wonderful what faith you show! I'll pray for you