Monday, August 31, 2009

Discovery Launch

On Friday night we took a drive up to Titusville, Fl to watch space shuttle, Discovery, launch. It was a fun experience. I mean who wouldn't drive 3 hours to watch a 5 minute event just to turn around and drive home another 3+ hours. It was worth it to us. We consider it a once in a life time experience. Here are a few photos:

This is a street lamp behind our heads not the shuttle.
The shuttle, and everyone taking photos of it.
Tyler and I with the shuttle behind us.
the shuttle, almost out of sight.
this is a video of it launching. It is kind of short because we wanted to get pictures of it too. It was so cool to see! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Chelsey said...

That's really awesome! I would go to , even if it was a really long drive!

The Bowes said...

that is very cool that you got to see something like that! I wouldn't mind the 3 hours drive for that either

Matt and Suzanne said...

How fun! That will be a memorable experience I think. You guys look great! Your little boy is adorable!

Jen I said...

Wow, you guys went?!? That's awesome! We heard about it, but what time did it launch, aren't those things like the middle of the night or something? That's awesome.

Michelle said...

Wow what an adventure!

Carrie & reggie said...

That's so awesome you guys were able to go see that. I wouldn't mind driving 3hrs to see that.