Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Deceptively Delicious!

My wonderful husband got me the best Valentines gift EVER. The cookbook: Deceptively Delicious by: Jessica Seinfeld. basically you sneak vegetables and fruits into all kinds of meals and your picky children have no idea that they are eating them. Great idea! Since I have a somewhat picky child, who would prefer to eat everything but vegetables, this was a perfect gift. Today was my first try. I made Banana Nut bread w/ CAULIFLOWER! Here it is.......



THE GIFT


The Product!

The Result!!

PERFECTO!!!

(He even wanted more.)

5 comments:

Molly said...

Love it! I can't wait to find that book and try it out too!

Erin said...

I have heard really good things about that book. Kara Murri uses that cookbook and made me some homemade mac & cheese with Carrots in it and I couldn't even taste the carrots. She has also used butternut squash in the mac and cheese as well and it tastes great. I'm jealous of your new book!! You will have to invite me over sometime and make something from your new book! :) Do you like how I just invited myself over to your house!!!

Erin

Becky said...

I made one of the mac and cheeses. It was pretty good also. Attalyn wasn't big enough to try it yet but we will have try more from the book. It is rather fun. We should get together and have a puree party with the vegies you need to cook the stuff so it will be ready to make anytime.

Jobi Niu said...

WHat a GOOD idea! AWESOME! I need to do that for myself also.. ha ha. CUTE CUTE picture at the top of your blog!

Chelsey said...

I haven't used my book yet, but you just made me excited about making something.! I love the picture of ty on your header