Friday, March 5, 2010

We are still alive!

WE'RE BAAAACK! Okay, we never really left anywhere, just out of commission for a while. I've just been really lazy about blogging lately. I'm still trying to catch up on reading all my friends blogs. I thought i'd take a break and update mine while i'm at it.

Those of you who don't know, we are back in Utah and living with my parents for the time being. Not our ideal living arrangements but it hasn't been to bad. Our condo is being rented, with the best renters we could ask for, until the end of July. In which we will be moving back there to Provo. I can't wait. Our ward here has been fun. We both got calling right when we moved in, which has helped us feel more involved. I teach the 15/16 year old Sunday school class and Donny is with the wild crazy sunbeams. I like to think they got our callings mixed up, but i guess maybe they are just teaching us to overcome our fears. It has been a good experience.
We miss Florida, especially the weather, but it has been nice to be back home and close to family and friends.

Three best cousins!
(or only cousins)

Donny is attending his second to last semester at BYU. He's hoping to get another internship this summer. I am excited for another adventure, so cross your fingers with us. Donny entered into a competition to design a webpage for me with the school. So we changed the name of the cake business and now it seems more official. Thanks Donny for all your hard work. Check out my new site at zoobiecakes.comHere are just 2 of my favorite cakes i've made this year. There are more on my website or you can become a fan of them on facebook. Just search Zoobie Cakes.

Tyler has entered into his terrible twos.. Okay, he's not that bad but he does have his moments. So he has recently been introduced to "the corner." He actually enjoys it most the time. So i am not sure how well it is working.
I am pretty sure Tyler is going to be a great big brother. He LOVES his newest cousin Brigham. He always wants to hold him and feed him. Look at that grin... what a cheese!
Every year I like to think of the holidays as "eggnog season", but not Donny. I think he would refer to them as "Cherry Cordial season". For the past who knows how many years Donny and his cousin Nathan have both eaten a cherry cordail when they get together. Did I mention they both HATE Cherry cordials? Well over the past few years they have began to get more creative. This year Nathan surprised Donny with a Cherry Cordial PIE! Which he used 4 BOXES of cherry cordials to make it. Well they both sat down to eat this delight, everyone was laughing so hard tears were coming. Nathan i think got about one bit before he ran to the bathroom. While Donny slowly chewed his, savorying each flavor, then responded "It tastes like chemicals." I think Donny is already plotting how he can top Nathans pie next year.

We brought Tyler sledding and he thought it was the greatest adventure of his life. Luckily all this snow has replaced Tyler's love of the beach, he now asks "build snowman!" instead of "Go beach, go beach!." I thought we were going to break his heart when we got home. He really loves the snow and his gloves, hats, and Handy Manny boots he got for Christmas.

We spent Christmas with Donny's family in Roosevelt this year. It was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures off the annual Christmas morning silly string fight. Even shadow got covered this year. Poor dog!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

1) love your new background
2) love that you posted, period! I have been blogging more, and facebooking less, and I like it that way :)
3) I cannot believe how grown up Tyler looks! And I love the background of your family pic. Except it makes me homesick.
4) Keyan for the longest time enjoyed time out, too. It was always a game for him, so finally... we got into the game ourselves. We try to get him to laugh when he is out of control, which calms him down and then we can discuss what he could do better the next time. But other times, I have to deposit him in time out before I lose control myself. Such a growing time for them.. and us!
5) Miss you still. I cannot WAIT for Spring and healthy kids so we can finally get together! 'Til then.. keep bloggin :)

Jen I said...

Good to hear from you! That American flag cake is amazing! Silly string fight, huh? Sounds kind of fun. We miss you guys! And you're missing it actually being COLD here! I LOVE IT!

Rob and Emmalee said...

where did you get that picture of the three boys? J/K I was like wait how did she get that? Anyway you better stay on top of blogging Dean likes to look at other people's pictures.

Matt and Suzanne said...

Your cakes are AMAZING!!! Good job, that looks like a lot of fun. I think Tuler is just the CUTEST little boy ever! Glad to hear you are well!