Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Update

It seems our blog is a little behind the times when it comes to our Christmas activities, so we will try to cram in as much as we can to get things up-to-date. First, we went to Donny's family party the weekend before Christmas, where we enjoyed the annual white elephant gift exchange. The star of the show was, of course, "the grapes" - they make an appearance every year and are always the life of the party. Grandma was the lucky winner this year, so they will be proudly displayed in her house. (Lucky Grandma....)
Tyler enjoyed making wrapping paper to get ready for Christmas - Megan's family used to do this when she was younger.


We came home a couple days before Christmas and got ready, then went to Megan's parents to spend the holiday. We were glad that we made the drive before all the snow came on Christmas morning. Tyler had a great time opening presents, though he couldn't understand why we were up so early. (Neither could we - he would have to ask his uncles about that one.) He loved his presents, and most of all he loved eating treats. (Maybe a little too much....) There was an early morning silly string attack, but most recovered from it fairly well. (Tyler didn't know what to think about it.) We also got to talk to Donny's brother Kyle, who is serving in the Independence Missouri Mission.



Megan's aunt's family had extra tickets to the Jazz game Friday night, so we were lucky enough to be able to go with them. We had a great time there - we sat on the very top of the arena. We also arrived early enough to get a free Jazz fleece blanket. Sweet!
Saturday we were off to another family Christmas party, this time with Megan's Dad's side of the family. Megan made some cupcakes from her new cupcake book (great gift!) Here are some pictures of how they turned out.

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Merry christmas. I love your cupcakes!

Unknown said...

The grapes are awesome. What a classic.
& you bake the coolest stuff, Megan! The only dessert I know how to make well is fudge... and technically... that's not even baking!

I'm glad you had such great holidays. I still haven't posted about ours... if I'm lucky, I'll post before the month is over :P (oh & btw- i finally did make the blog public!)

Lilit said...

MEGAN... David's 1st Birthday is in 3 months... what cake should I make for him and how do you make those???

Molly said...

Megan! I should really get your phone number to set up the picture times. But I can do it tomorrow afternoon (i know it's super short notice, and I don't even mind if you can't/don't want to do it then)from 1 and on. Saturday I work all day so next week I am free during the mornings from like 930 until 1145. It's even supposed to be FAIRLY warm next week...like in the lower 40s if you want to take outdoor pictures. OR we can try to get some taken inside, but I have a ghetto "indoor studio" which consists of bright light bulbs and a black sheet for a background. Haha:) It's up to you though! AND Tuesday is my day off so I can take pictures anytime from 10-10.30 and on for Tuesday. SO...there you go. Just let me know what works for you:)

Molly said...

hey! I have a few pictures up on my blog. I am going to go back through my pictures one more time and see if I got a few more cute ones where you can see his whole suit. So yeah, hope you like them! He's very photogenic