Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is coming.....

Christmas is coming so soon. Just one more week. Yipee!! I thought I should get on the ball and post a few of our christmas adventures we have had this year, before the season is over.


We made gingerbread houses this year, two in fact. I don't ever remember making one before so this was a new adventure for me. i think they turned out pretty fun. The first one I made with Donny's brother and sister. My favorite part is the Santa and reindeer on top. Complete with a sleigh and santa's bag of toys on the chimney. They next house Donny and I made while Tyler enjoyed eating the red hots. It was a lot of fun.

We spontaneously went up to SLC on Monday night. We were driving to the store to rent a movie from the redbox and heard a commercial on the radio about a sing along up at the ESA with free admission, free food, and free parking. So we looked at each other and said "Wanna go?" So we turned around and headed to Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun. We got free hotdog and soda. They had a orchestra playing all the music. We sang Christmas songs and then Santa and the Jazz bear came. Tyler wasn't sure what to think of all the people in the arena. He pulled this face for the first little while. then he warmed up and was clapping and dancing and even trying to sing. It was so cute.


After the caroling sing along we rode trax over to Temple square. It was cold so we were not there very long. It was so nice to see all the beautiful lights. Here are a few pictures of that.

Then this evening my sister threw a suprise gradutaion party for her husband. It was fun. he had no idea. We had pizza and cake and ice cream. I didn't take pictures of the party but here are the cakes I made.

He graduated from UVU. We are so excited for him. Congratulations ROB!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Megan...A: LOVE the pictures. B: Sorry I've been flaky and haven't called you about taking pictures. I just finished finals (woo!) and my family flew in for Christmas so I've been running around like a madwoman. I still want to take your family pictures/your little boys' pictures (you mentioned BOTH, but I don't know which you want to do:)). Anyway, next week I am FREE (except Christmas Eve and Christmas, of course). I work mornings until 1 every day until the New Year, so let me know what day will work for you!! Merry Christmas!

Rob and Emmalee said...

Thanks for making the cakes for the party. You really should go into business. Tell Jackie she did a great job on the clay guy Rob really thinks it's cool. he is going to put it on his desk at work.

Unknown said...

I agree; your cakes are awesome.

Glad you guys have been having so many fun Christmas adventures. We finally are now that I'm feeling better (and I did finally go to the doctor, by the way... it was a sinus infection).

Also- the link for the lds buttons is leeloublogs.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!