Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our "other" kids

Tyler loves our fish. We called them our children before we had Tyler so now they are his brothers and sisters. We have about 7 fish right now but soon to have more. Norma lee, our black and yellow stripped fish, is PREGNANT! She is a bumblebee cichlid. She carries the eggs in her mouth for bout 2-4 weeks. She doesn't eat during that time, the eggs will hatch in her mouth. Weird huh? We had to separate her from the other fish or they would eat the babies when they hatch. Its been about 2 weeks so we are expecting the babies any time. She can have anywhere from 5 to 25 babies. We are excited to be grandparents. haha.


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Megan good to hear from you. You have an adorable family. It'll be fun to be able to keep in touch now.

Jobi Niu said...

Megan!! Hey girl... Tyler is so freakin cute! WOW! He looks so much bigger than when I saw you at the mall. I'm so glad you have a blog. I LOVE blog surfin.. So fun to see everyone's family's and what they're up to.

Jobi Niu said...

Hey girl.. what's your last name?? Do you know Lorina's too? he he Put some more pics up of Tyler, I wanna see!!

Cheryl said...

Megan, thanks for the invitation to view your blog. I was just telling your mom the other day that they don't make babies much cuter than Tyler. And we love fish too! I think you'll find they continue to bring joy to all of you.

Lorina said...

Fish are scary! Haha.. sorry I have a phobia with fish. Yuck!

Love the photo of Tyler though.

Lets go for a walk sometime next week, you should come to me.. seeing I will have my hands tied with 3 children.

Julie Neal said...

HOw cute!! Hope your grandkids are cute! hahahaha... Tyler is a cutie!