Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cakes




So I started this blog and have never added anything since the first day. I thought its about time I write an up date. Hopefully I can get the hang of this. I love reading everyone elses blogs but mine is probably pretty boring. I'm sorry everyone.


A girl in my ward made some beautiful cupcakes for a relief society activity. She told me how she make them so I made my own bouquet for my friends baby shower. It was way easy and I had so much fun that I decided to take a cake decorating class. The picture below is my first cake I made in class. I put Jackie, because she babysat Tyler while I was in class. She is a great sister in law! Then yesterday I made these clown cakes. Aren't they fun! I think they are really cute but way to much frosting to eat! These are anything but professional but I am having alot of fun learning. My friend asked me if I would make her sons birthday cake, he wants a motorcycle cake. Haha, I told her yes, i think I'm crazy. We'll see if that works out. At least his birthday isn't for another month. I might have time to practice. I hope to get better soon. I apologize if the pictures are a little dark my camera broke so i am using the video camera to take pictures and IF it has a flash I have no clue how to use it. So sorry!

9 comments:

Lorina said...

YUM!! Those look way good! I want to do something really unique and fun for Maddox's b-day.. well and Brooklyn's. Cakes are fun!

Mitzi said...

i need to start cooking more.
so anyways to answer ur question earlier, i live in af, pretty close to my parents actually.
are u coming to Ems bday? u better! i want to see Tyler! he is a cutie!

Kim and Adam said...

Ya I had a baby March 10th I LOVE him so much!! I am doing so GREAT! Your baby is super cute, congrats:)

Jobi Niu said...

How fun!! You do a freakin good job, especially for just learning, I LOVE it! So creative! That motorcycle cake will be so cute!

Mitzi said...

Dennis' baby is on my blog silly. U can't see the text though of what I wrote, u gotta highlight my pics and then u can see the words. He's in the pic with Emery. His name is Kai.

Shelley Family said...

Hi Megan, It's Jesse's wife Laura. I don't think we have ever met, but I have heard lots about you and your sister was in my ward for a while so I know her. Anyways, very cute cakes! And I am due next Sat, May 3rd. We are both getting very excited!! I had Jesse look at your blog, maybe one of these days he'll actually leave you a comment or something!

tjandalisha said...

Hey megan, it is so good to see you and your fam. You babe is so cute!! I have a blog youll have to check it out! It is tjandalisha@blogspot.com talk to you later. Alisha

Mitzi said...

bored? find out what color girl you are...
http://www.blogthings.com/whatcolorgirlareyouquiz/

Michelle said...

Those are really cute cakes. I think it would be fun to take a class like that. I really like the cup cakes too.