Friday, April 17, 2009

My recent cakes!

I have been asked by a good friend if I would make her wedding cake in May. Since most wedding cakes are made with fondant(the really smooth icing) I decided I should learn how to use it. Turns out she wants a buttercream wedding cake, but it was fun learning to do fondant anyway. Here are a few of my first cakes.

This First one I made was for a girl in my ward who just had a baby girl. Her name is June and she is so adorable with a lot of dark hair.
This one was a bit more challanging. I think I need to get used to the fondant before I try one this challanging again. I thought I had enough fondant, then I didn't, and the fondant ripped at the corners. It was frustrating, but you get the idea of what I wanted the cake to look like right?

This one was a lot of fun. I make it for Easter. It worked out well, except the chicken legs would not stay up by themselves, so I had to prop them up with tooth picks. I still think it turned out pretty cute!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Neat Cakes! i like the camera! and The chicken legs!Nice Work!

Shantel said...

You are so talented! I love to decorate cakes but I will never be that good!

Erin said...

Cute Cakes Megan, I am totally impressed. You are getting way good and so much more creative than I am!! Your chicken egg turned out way cute!

Erin P

Anonymous said...

Send us your email address and we'll invite you if you want.

Mandy said...

Megan, your cakes look awesome. Do you ever watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network? It is one of my favorites - Thursday nights. You can get a lot of great ideas. Can't wait to see the wedding cake.